Friday, December 17, 2010

My other blog...

Currently listening to: some dogs barking outside

I've been working for a few days on a new blog to share some of my musical interests in. You can get there with this link...http://vibratingstrings.blogspot.com/ . Basically it's just my way of sharing the music I've been into for the past couple of years. For those that have known my musical tastes over the years, this is quite a departure from where I was at even as late as 2008...but I think it's been a change for the better. I think somewhere inside I've always held a passion for simpler music; music that is stripped down: music that can be performed outside under a shade tree, in a barn somewhere out in the country, along a trail in the woods, in a public square, an old abandoned church building, or just outside on the front porch with a Moon Pie and RC Cola close by. I really have an appreciation for artists and bands that write and perform their own songs, and I think this will also come out in the music of the people I write about.

So that said, if you've had enough synthesized, additive filled, MSG loaded pop music and want a change, head on over and check out the blog and see if you can't find something new to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment