Thursday, December 9, 2010

You've gotta be kidding me (Original posting 5/18/06)

OK, so this happened last week, but as it's coming up on the one week anniversary I thought I'd tell the tale in celebration.

So here goes...

Last Saturday night we went to the Yard Dawgs game (which was great, 5th row end zone seats, high scoring game, 3 records got set that night including most penalty flags in an Arena 2 game...oh and the cheerleaders were pretty close too, so when the score got outta sight, there was still something interesting to watch). OK, so on the way into the game there was a table where they were giving away free hats if you signed up for the paper; Bonnie decided she wanted to get the paper, it wasn't very expensive at all, so she signed up. OK, there's the set up...

So Tuesday we get this automated call from the paper that asked if we got our paper..."press 1 for yes, 2 for no". Bonnie hadn't seen it, so she presses 2 for no. So I find the paper in the yard later, we get the paper Wednesday, we get the paper Thursday.

So Friday, I'm sound asleep when at...get this...4:50 AM...some idiot paper delivery guy calls me sounding like some half drunk character off King of the Hill and he tells me "I'm sorry I didn't get you your paper, but I threw both of them up in your driveway this morning". I was so tired and appalled I just laid there in bed in stunned silence before he just hung up. The next morning my first phone call was to the newspaper to complain about the rather uncalled for wake up call. I think he ended up getting canned because his district manager sounded rather ticked off about it and told me she'd certainly take care of that so it would never happen again.

If I wasn't so lazy I would've got up and waited for him with a paint ball gun...oh well. When the choice is sleep or revenge, I'm going the lazy route.

No comments:

Post a Comment